We take our name from the ancient Greek word for ecology and home – Eikos. It reflects our love for the landscapes and heritage of our incredible country – our shared environment.
Eikos specialises in:
- Environmental impact assessment, bushfire assessment reporting, ecology, foreshore restoration and design, vegetation management.
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal heritage services – heritage impact assessment, interpretation, heritage studies, conservation management plans, heritage planning guidelines.
- Heritage engagement strategies, facilitation and collaborative design including community engagement on large scale heritage projects
Our experience extends across Sydney, the Central Coast, Hunter, mid North Coast, and ACT regions.
Trevor Cameron, Director at Eikos Environment and Heritage, is a natural resource expert with more than 25 years in catchment management, environmental and cultural heritage assessment. With extensive experience in state and local government, Trevor is uniquely positioned to offer his knowledge of the environmental and heritage sectors to his clients.
Trevor specialises in:
- Design, co-ordination and construction of foreshore and stream restoration projects, and erosion control advice for lake, stream and beachfront settings
- Bushfire threat assessment and bushfire reports
- Heritage Impact Assessment
- Vegetation management plans
- Statements of Environmental Effects
- Review of Environmental Factors
- Flora and fauna surveys
Trevor has a Master’s degree in Environmental and Business Management and a Bachelor’s degree in coastal zone management.
Our heritage team
We have experienced heritage specialists on our team with more than 20 years of experience as a service provider to a range of clients. Our heritage team offers expertise on a range of large and small scale projects. Our experience in local government and agencies gives us a profound insight of the New South Wales’ heritage management system. Our heritage services include:
- Statements of heritage impact
- Aboriginal Heritage Impact Assessment – due diligence reports
- Conservation management plans
- Development control plans
- Significance assessment and heritage nominations
- Local Government Area heritage studies
- Heritage interpretation and design
- Master plans in the historic context and for heritage sites
- Engagement and facilitation
- Collaborative design involving communities and clients in co-design