We take our name from the ancient Greek word for ecology and home – Eikos. It reflects our love for the landscapes and heritage of our incredible country – our shared environment.
Eikos specialises in:
• Specialists in Statements of Heritage Impact and Heritage Impact Assessment
• Due Diligence Aboriginal Heritage Impact Assessment
• Ecological Services including Environmental Impact Assessment, Flora and Fauna surveys, Threatened Species Assessment and 5 Part Tests, Vegetation Management Plans and Foreshore restoration design and approvals
• Heritage engagement strategies, facilitation and collaborative design including community engagement on large scale projects
Our experience extends across Sydney, the Central Coast, Hunter, mid North Coast, and ACT regions.
Trevor Cameron, director at Eikos Environment and Heritage, is a heritage consultant and natural resource expert with more than 30 years’ experience. Trevor has worked for federal, state and local government as both a heritage conservation professional and an ecologist and natural resource management practitioner. Trevor founded Eikos in January 2016 and is uniquely positioned to offer his skills and knowledge of the heritage and environmental sectors to his clients.
Trevor specialises in:
- Statements of Heritage Impact and Heritage Impact Assessment
- Advice on alterations and additions and adaptive reuse of historic buildings
- Due Diligence Aboriginal Heritage Impact Assessment
- Ecological services including Flora and Fauna surveys and 5 Part Tests for Threatened Species
- Conservation management plans, heritage studies, heritage strategies, policy development and interpretation design
- Foreshore restoration design and approvals
Trevor has a Master’s degree in Environmental and Business Management from Newcastle University and a Bachelor’s degree in natural resource management from the University of New England.
Trevor is an active member of Australia ICOMOS, the International Council on Monuments and Sites and the Ecological Consultants Association (ECA).
Our heritage team
We have experienced heritage specialists on our team with more than 30 years of experience as service providers to a range of clients. Our heritage team offers expertise on a range of large and small scale projects. Our experience in local government and agencies gives us a profound insight of the New South Wales’ heritage management system. Our heritage services include:
- Statements of heritage impact
- Aboriginal Heritage Impact Assessment – due diligence reports
- Conservation management plans
- Development control plans
- Significance assessment and heritage nominations
- Local Government Area heritage studies
- Heritage interpretation and design
- Master plans in the historic context and for heritage sites
- Engagement and facilitation
- Collaborative design involving communities and clients in co-design