Ecology Services and Vegetation Management
Eikos designs and conducts ecological surveys for flora and fauna, and produces vegetation management plans to meet requirements for environmental assessments in NSW. Our experience and professionalism provides clients with accurate information that can be easily interpreted. Eikos’ reports provide a sound scientific basis for environmental decision making.
- ecological surveys (flora and fauna)
- five-part tests under the Threatened Species Act, 1995
- Review of Environmental Factors (REFs)
- vegetation condition assessment (including tree hollow and fallen log assessments)
- identification and management of Endangered Ecological Communities (EECs)
- installation of a range of species-specific nest boxes and creation of hollows for habitat in existing stags and trees
- targeted flora surveys for conserving significant (rare) and priority species
- weed mapping
- plant identification and flora inventories
Eikos partnered with Future Ecology to undertake a flora and fauna survey for an eco-tourist development in the Lower Hunter region. Here we have inquisitive koalas checking out the photo monitoring points on a property on The Bucketts Way at Allworth, NSW.