The Hunter Heritage Network Inc has announced that nominations are currently open for the 2016 Hunter Bona Fide History and Heritage Awards. The “Bonas” celebrate and acknowledge outstanding contributions by organisations and individuals to heritage and history in the Hunter region.
The Awards draw inspiration from the Latin ‘bona fide’ meaning ‘In Good Faith’ – genuine & trustworthy. The aim of the Awards is to celebrate outstanding scholarship and service to Australian history and heritage in the Hunter Region, and at the same time, inspire young people to get involved in historical research, identification, advocacy and documentation of local heritage.
The award ceremony will be held at Henderson Park Hall, Lockyer Street Merewether, on Sunday 17 April 2016. Tickets are available for purchase from the Hunter Heritage Network Inc.
We at Eikos believe in the importance of acknowledging contributions made to heritage conservation and historical research and we are great supporters of these most exciting awards. The categories are diverse and reflect the range of activities and the power of people in the heritage space in the Hunter. We are so excited to see the nominations and to see who the winners are!
For outstanding achievement in the service of history and heritage in the Hunter region
– Best Adaptive Reuse of a Heritage building or historic place
– Best academic history based upon a local historical theme
– Best Indigenous History Monograph, article or digital work
– Best Commemorative History, event or site interpretation of a local historical theme
– Best Family History Monograph
– Best Student Paper, design project, or article – including architecture projects, interior design, drafting or colour projects featuring local heritage or history
– Best history by an amateur historian
– Best fictional tale or dramatic production based on a local historical theme
– Most popular and/or thought provoking social networking site, blog or wesbite on local heritage and history
– Best media piece or article featuring local history or heritage
– in recognition of the volunteering services of groups and individuals who volunteer their time to the promotion and conservation of local heritage and history
– For the most inappropriate development upon a heritage place
– Make up your own award to represent the important achievement if you can’t find one here